This marinade is also great with lamb leg chops. Serve with a simple potato salad (or baked potatoes) and a dressed salad of rocket and radicchio.
- 4 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 2 sprigs rosemary, leaves picked and coarsely chopped
- 4 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lemons, juiced and zested
- salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 x 1.5kg chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- lemon wedges, to serve
To make the marinade, place garlic and rosemary in a small bowl. Add mustard, olive oil, lemon juice and zest. Stir well to combine and season to taste. Pour marinade over the chicken, cover and leave in fridge for 40 minutes or overnight.
Preheat a barbeque to hot, then cook chicken, skin-side down, for 8-10 minutes. Turn chicken, reduce heat and cook for a further 8-10 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a platter, keep warm and allow to rest for 2 minutes before serving with lemon wedges.
< Back to Recipes